What you’ll get
Duration : Half day
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Family with kids, couple, solo travelers
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88HNF08
With this street food tour, you will have chance to enjoy an evening dinner out with the most famous side dishes of Hanoi. Highlights of the dinner are typical dishes such as "thit xien nuong", "nem chua ran", "banh goi", "pho bo", "pho ga", "bun doc mung" and mixed fruits as desserts.
- Have chance to taste some of the most famous dishes of Hanoi peoplle
- Give you an insight into the intricacies and traditions of Vietnamese food culture
- Price Includes
- Pickup at hotel
- English speaking guide
- Tasting local side dishes
- Drinks (beer/smoothie/mixed fruits/coffee)
- Price Excludes
- Tips and gratitude
- Extra foods and drinks
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare.
- Hanoi streetfood tour
17.30 - 18.00 The local tour guide will pickup at your place and start the evening street food tours on foot - eat like a local.
Depending on your location, the start/ending of the tour can be different. However, you will have chance to taste some of the most famous dishes of Hanoi people, described as "Hanoi style fast foods". Your local guide will give you an insight into the intricacies and traditions of Vietnamese food culture including details on ingredients and historical backgrounds of popular northern dishes. Many delicious dishes are waiting for your tasting in the Old Quarter:
- Thit xien nuong or nem chua ran (grilled meat on stick/fried fermented pork roll)
- Banh cuon or Banh goi (spring rolls/ Pillow cake)
- Banh My Hanoi (bread with grilled meats and vegetables)
- Pho ga or bun doc mung or bun cha (chicken noodles/noodles with pork and "doc mung"/Kebab rice noodles)
- Drink: local bear or smoothie or mixed fruits or egg coffee.
At the end of the trip, free to continue exploring the area or take a taxi (or just walk) back to your hotel. Tour ends around 19.30 - 20.00
Questions & Answers
9.1Based on 3 reviews
Value for money
02 Jan 2019
Great tour with a fabulously funny entertaining guide who also gave us some history and travel tips along the way. Food was awesome and finished up with drinks high on a balcony with nice breeze overlooking the lake. Thoroughly recommended - must do tour.
29 Dec 2018
Our guide is one of the best guides we have met. He was candid about traveling in Hanoi but reassuring as he gave tips on how to enjoy the walking tour. The food destinations were fantastic and allowed us to observe the cooking process, and mix with locals as we taste the food. Coung punctuated his food introductions with insights on Vietnamese culture - he even brought us to a funeral parlor (which was in our route) and explained burial practices - a bonus. The tour ended with cold Hanoi beer and egg coffee at a (secret!) cafe that overlooks the lake - a beautiful sight lights at night. The tour was for 3 hours, but he was generous with his time, never rushed us and spent 4 hours with us. Great night.
21 Oct 2018
I booked this on a whim but so glad I did. Our guide was so informative, not only talking about food, but also other customs in Vietnam, and willingly answered all questions. The food was great and filling enough to make this the evening meal. Can fully recommend.